If you were to ask me if I'd ever had the bad luck to miss my daily cocktail, I'd have to say that I doubt it; where certain things are concerned, I plan ahead. - Luis Buñuel

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 94 - "Here, There and Everywhere"

I can't decide if we are moving along at a good pace on the house or not.  They installed some tile on a wall yesterday, but I still feel like work is progressing in very small increments.  But I guess I should be thankful they are there every weekday doing something, no matter how minute.   I feel a good sense of anticipation today because our architect sent us a text asking about stain for the screened porch.  So wondering if there will actually be a frame up when I get home.  That is the fun part, heading home with a sense of excitement to see what's been happening since that morning. 

Adding to my sense of anticipation is my upcoming birthday on Saturday.  I'll be 38! (Seriously, your hysterical laughter is so not appreciated.  Screw you, it's my birthday, I'll be whatever age I want to. Fine...do I hear 40?)  We are going to a football game that we are not expected to win, so I'm looking forward to some adult libations.  Is anyone really shocked by that?  I didn't think so.  Then my friend, Red, is throwing a small party for me Sunday afternoon.  Fruit & cheese platter, mimosas, princess cake & pinata.  Okay, technically, the party is more for her kids because they wanted the cake and pinata but their excitement over my birthday is actually very sweet and touching.  And seriously, a pinata is kind of righteous...why don't adults do that stuff more often?  What's more awesome than drinking some wine & swinging a big stick....oooohhh, I think I just answered my previous question.  Liability issues.

Going to make a final decision on hardware tomorrow, I hope.  So I'm completely running this week with house stuff and travel and parties.  Not necessarily a bad thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment