If you were to ask me if I'd ever had the bad luck to miss my daily cocktail, I'd have to say that I doubt it; where certain things are concerned, I plan ahead. - Luis Buñuel

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Red, Red Wine

In my last post, I spoke of a busy week.  Well, the other part of that concerns the fact that my best friend, "Red", and her two children (our godchildren), "Pinky" (age 5) and "Jack-Jack" (age 2), moved to my town last Tuesday from Australia!  I met them at the airport at 8 am (after Sweet Baby Girl had to go out at 4:45 a.m for apparently no good reason....grrr). They were tired but glad to be here and now the fun begins. She and I have been friends for 15 plus years. Red and Mr. D were friends at Ole Miss back in the day and we became pals when she came to stay with us in New Orleans for 10 days during Mardi Gras.  It was either become best friends or reenact the Uma Thurman/Vivica Fox scene from "Kill Bill Vol 1."  (Although I have taken taekwondo since then so I think I might could win now.)

Her husband in working overseas in the middle east so living there currently is not an option.  So she decided to come to Mississippi and enjoy our laid-back ways and cheap cost of living.  Plus...well, we're here!  In the past week, she has enrolled Pinky at a private school for kindergarten, found a house and is attempting to close the deal on it, buy school supplies, sign kids up for swim lessons....damn, I'M tired.   Now I know why she goes to bed at 8 pm.

Welcome my friend!  Once the kids are settled, I foresee an evening of bevos and a watching of "Shag" in our future!  

No comments:

Post a Comment