If you were to ask me if I'd ever had the bad luck to miss my daily cocktail, I'd have to say that I doubt it; where certain things are concerned, I plan ahead. - Luis Buñuel

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 31 - "It's All Too Much"

Whew, it's been a busy couple of days.  And that's not all to do with the remodel, although there's plenty going on in that department as well.  Joe met with electrical yesterday to finalize where things will go and we were informed to pick light fixtures immediately.  Most of the room has recessed but we went with fancy track directional lighting in the dressing room and closet. I guess I though I would be hanging some art there?  Or I wanted to highlight my favorite sundress from Wal-mart hanging in the closet? (Seriously, they have cute & comfortable dresses for $14.)  And we designed sconces to go on the wall by the sinks. 

So our ever helpful architect provides us with two catalogs that makes the old Sears catalogs look like a pamphlet.  And a website...now we're talking.  I realized something about myself yesterday.  When it comes to choices, I turn into a toddler.  Just give me limited choices or I could bring this project to a screeching halt while I look through every lighting website that exists.  Thankfully, I at least had a vague idea of what I wanted or this would be a disaster.  So hopefully I will have a choice (or a narrower list) by Friday. 

The contractor also informs me today that I need to (immediately, of course) pick interior doors.  My hero architect once again saved my beans by e-mailing that he thought a single panel white door would match everything else in the house and would stay within budget.  Umm, okay.  Mr. D questioned whether we wanted stained wood doors but then you get into matching it with the cabinetry and wood flooring...forget it.  All those men really should fall on their knees and be thankful I'm so darned lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment