If you were to ask me if I'd ever had the bad luck to miss my daily cocktail, I'd have to say that I doubt it; where certain things are concerned, I plan ahead. - Luis Buñuel

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Remodel: Day 9 - "Get Back"

Sorry about the lapse but we moved back into the house for the holiday weekend and have no internet.  And trying to blog from my phone would have resulted in homicidal tendencies.  It was so wonderful to be back home even if it was in our guest room.  The only glitch was that Saturday afternoon we learned we had no gas = no hot water.  Eh, it's 100 degrees out, I've been taking cold showers for two weeks now to keep from spontaneously combusting.

The workers made pretty good progress last week.  They demolished the bedroom and bath completely and the greenhouse is gone!  Woohoo!  Downside is that they left it in the yard for a couple of days before removing and the grass underneath is most likely dead.  And there was glass everywhere.  I spent 30 min Friday afternoon picking up glass shards from the yard.  Couldn't have the mutts cutting their feet as they frolicked in the yard...and frolic they did.  They were so happy and I was happy I didn't have to walk them (Damn I'm lazy!). 

Since Mr. D worked most of the weekend, I was a complete homebody and caught up on pointless TV.  And drank obscene amounts of wine....really no different than any other weekend.  

So one week down and no big drama yet.  (I'm so "salting my water")  Supposedly electrical and framing is being done today...have no idea what that actually entails but that's one step closer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment