If you were to ask me if I'd ever had the bad luck to miss my daily cocktail, I'd have to say that I doubt it; where certain things are concerned, I plan ahead. - Luis Buñuel

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 10 - "Junk"

And we keep on trucking!  Apparently Santa came early and delivered a whole pile of crap to my carport.  Actually, it was my former useless deck and I was never so glad to see a pile of lumber in my life.  And we found the old concrete backdoor steps underneath.  I'm still holding out hope for some creepy bones or something.  Goodness knows what the hell is under my house.  Family of possums. maybe a snake or two, would be a safe bet for starters.

They also took out my ceiling rafters....really hoping they put that back at some point.   It's creepy looking at the vent where bats or squirrels can come in. And we do have bats in our neighborhood.  Love the bug eaters, just don't want them in my personal space, spreading their rabies.   Back to the ceiling, my architect sends me a message about elevation and "furdowns" ... yea, well he may as well be speaking Swahili for all I understood.  So he and my husband explain it to me.... then it became more like French, I understood half of what was said.  Apparently my ceiling will be lower in some spots.  Umm, whatever?  That's why I pay you the big bucks, so when I hate it I can yell at you, and it won't be my fault.  Carry on!

P.S.  I love that immediately after I posted this, I got an ad pop-up for bat removal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment