If you were to ask me if I'd ever had the bad luck to miss my daily cocktail, I'd have to say that I doubt it; where certain things are concerned, I plan ahead. - Luis Buñuel

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Sorry again for the hiatus.  Just enjoying my down time.  To sum up, had a quiet and mellow Christmas (yea!), started training for a 5K, and went on a week-long cruise to the Caribbean!  And saw Jimmy Buffett in concert, so that's one bucket list item to check off.   I'm not becoming a parrothead, but he was awesome.

But I realize I have forgotten to mention the most important event that has happened in the last few months....we bought a vacation condo in Oxford.  So no more renting hotels or homes for ball games!  Now my schedule this spring is dominated by college baseball (Go Rebs!).  Normally, I'm mildly entertained by baseball, and I played softball for five years in my youth, so I enjoy the nuances of the game.  However, Mr. D upped the ante with season tickets - club seating!  With lockers for your hooch!  Baseball... while drinking (insert adult beverage of choice)....that's a "hell to the yes"!  Drinking and sports...it's like cookies and milk - they belong together.  And did I mention the free buffett that always has hot dogs with chili.  Good thing, I'm training for a 5K, that's all I'm sayin'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment