If you were to ask me if I'd ever had the bad luck to miss my daily cocktail, I'd have to say that I doubt it; where certain things are concerned, I plan ahead. - Luis Buñuel

Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 19 - "Carry That Weight"

The crew has been hard at work refitting the add-on area behind the house (it was technically a deck & greenhouse so not really an add-on but it had to have additional structural support).  And they ripped off the old siding...attractive, not.  But it's progress and considering its been record heat temps here, I applaud my hard workers!  Mr. D went by while they were working yesterday and said the crew was pounding Gatorade so glad to see they are taking care.

And it's Friday which means we are homeward bound again tonight.  Which means me schlepping clothes and dogs over to the house and, no, it still has not become a quick streamlined process.  Especially not with those wild heathens.  And my big plan to get it all together this morning was derailed by a lot a wine drinking last night.  I needed that extra snooze time this morning.  But tonight will be relaxing.  We'll have some pizza and movie time and hopefully, watch the new Harry Potter movie at some point this weekend. Maybe try to have pool time while dodging thunderstorms.   

Also have in the works a 3 day trip to Tampa/St. Pete in August.  We had to burn a free airline ticket before expiration, we need some relaxing time away and really haven't had a proper vacation by ourselves in a while, unless you count a couple of weekend trips to Dallas and Gulf Coast.  So looking forward to that.  But seriously need to lay off the food if I don't want to vomit when I look at myself in a swimsuit.  Okay, okay, and lay off the wine...whatevs.

TGIF baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment