If you were to ask me if I'd ever had the bad luck to miss my daily cocktail, I'd have to say that I doubt it; where certain things are concerned, I plan ahead. - Luis Buñuel

Monday, March 7, 2011

Loopholes for Lent

So Mr. D announces to me that he is giving up liquor for Lent.  I immediately felt the cold sweat breaking out on my forehead and the rock in the pit of my stomach at the thought of how grumpy he was going to be.  I started determining ways to keep him out of the house for the next 40 days.  I mean, it's like invasion of the body snatchers had just occurred.  The look of utter panic on my face must have given him pause because he then added, "Oh, I'm still going to drink beer and wine, just not LIQUOR."  Maybe he should have been the lawyer in the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment