If you were to ask me if I'd ever had the bad luck to miss my daily cocktail, I'd have to say that I doubt it; where certain things are concerned, I plan ahead. - Luis Buñuel

Thursday, May 26, 2016

How can you mend a broken toe?

I'm back . . . with more tales of wine and frivolity!  To tell the truth, not a whole lot has changed for Dr. D and me in the last two (has it been that long?) years.  I guess that's a good thing?  We are a lot more involved in our local Episcopal church activities, and we still eat, sleep & breathe Ole Miss sports.  Our families' health situations have fluctuated, but all are currently doing well.  (Excuse me, while I go knock on wood.) 

However, at the moment, I'm hobbling around with a broken toe.  A 5 lb weight fell on it and, sadly, I wasn't even exercising.  Stupid accident.  But Dr. D taped it up, and brought me wine, so I'm going to be on the mend in no time, I'm sure!  He knows how to cure what ails me!  I feel better already.  So there's your answer - wine cures a broken toe, apparently.

The heat of summer has descended; Memorial Day weekend is here!  So pool time will exponentially increase, I hope.  As you know, I am a sad-sack when it comes to high temps and humidity.  So all I want to do for the next three months is . . .

                                         That's not Lemonade she's drinking, just sayin'.

If you want to believe that's what I look like, by the way, I'm okay with that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment