If you were to ask me if I'd ever had the bad luck to miss my daily cocktail, I'd have to say that I doubt it; where certain things are concerned, I plan ahead. - Luis Buñuel

Thursday, May 15, 2014

"Q" up for this cocktail mixer!

After Dr. D and I were lamenting the taste of the cheap tonic water from the local grocery store, I went on an internet search for suggestions for something better.  At first I considered the Sodastream and making our own.  But then, a comment made in a review directed me to a brand called Q tonic water.  I found some Q tonic at a Whole Foods on a trip during the holidays, and my go-to, after-work cocktail was forever transformed.  This libation is so smooth, not bitter.  It's simply the best tonic water I have found.  It took me a while to find it here in Jackson, but I finally did.  I also tried some also-rans in the meantime but they weren't as good. (Fever Tree is okay, but almost too smooth; not enough bite).



Q also makes other waters/mixers.  Their ginger ale is what a Pimm's Cup has been searching for it's whole life.  Although it's termed "ginger ale," it's strong enough to compare to an actual ginger beer.  It kicks Canada Dry's ass! 

If you love your gin or vodka tonics like I do, find Q tonic.  It's worth it! Note, however, that it's definitely priced for your really close friends!  $9 for a 4 pk!  Again....so worth it.

http://www.qtonic.com/index.html


"I never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast." - W.C. Fields

No comments:

Post a Comment