If you were to ask me if I'd ever had the bad luck to miss my daily cocktail, I'd have to say that I doubt it; where certain things are concerned, I plan ahead. - Luis Buñuel

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Birthday-impaired

Confession time.  Mr. D and I suck at birthdays.  Meaning, we never buy each other presents or throw parties - the usual birthday benefits.  Mr. D did attempt to throw a small party for me a few years ago when it coincided with a football game on TV.  (Don't worry, it was actually my idea.)  And basically only my parents and 2 friends showed....briefly.  And our team lost the game.  The party blew chunks.  So we have pretty much resigned ourselves to not planning anything and if we get a great dessert somewhere and consume a bottle of decent wine, we feel like its a win.

All that was to say "Happy Birthday" to Mr. D!  My one and only, and the rock I lean on.  I have nothing planned.  You got no present.  But I did buy you a card, so we're good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment