If you were to ask me if I'd ever had the bad luck to miss my daily cocktail, I'd have to say that I doubt it; where certain things are concerned, I plan ahead. - Luis Buñuel

Friday, March 29, 2013

Not a great Friday, but I'll give you "good"

As much as I would like to complain about the fact that my car has seen more repair work this week than Joan Rivers, I can't.  It's freakin' Good Friday!  So it's gotta be... well, good, right?  In actuality, I get off  work early, the weather is stupendous, and my husband gave me his car to use for errands today while my poor little crossover is getting a rear brake job.  Did I mention I took it in for a dead battery?  Them's the brakes, I guess!  (I know.  I hate myself for that one, too.). 

The craziness of today has made me realize how great the beauty of Easter season and the beginning of springtime is.  Even the crappy inconveniences of life don't seem quite so bad when there's the promise of mild weather, being outdoors, and drinks on the patio.  So don't stress about what to cook for Easter lunch or if you can't find all the hidden eggs (believe me, you'll smell them eventually!).  Just enjoy the quiet moments and reflect on the reason for this joyous time.

Happy Easter from The Dinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment