If you were to ask me if I'd ever had the bad luck to miss my daily cocktail, I'd have to say that I doubt it; where certain things are concerned, I plan ahead. - Luis Buñuel

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Hunger Shames

I'm quite tardy to the party, but I finally broke down and read "The Hunger Games" last weekend.  And "Catching Fire" in the last two days...and I'm almost halfway through "Mockingjay."  Seriously, this stuff is literary "crack"!  While it is young adult fiction, it's quite entertaining and doesn't actually sound like a 14-year old girl wrote it (side-eye at you, Stephanie Meyers, rolling in your millions).   And poor Mr. D just sighs everytime he walks in and catches me trying to read another 2 pages before work.  The other night, I actually hid the book under a pillow when he came into the living room to avoid the "tsk-tsk" look....oh the shame!  He has nothing against my reading a book.  I think it's my inability to put the damn thing down.  I did refrain from bringing it to work, so hopefully I'm not too far gone. 
So that makes me even more appreciative that my wonderful and patient husband is accompanying to probably the last "Hunger Games" movie showing before it leaves the theater for good and re-emerges on DVD in August.   On the plus side, it should be an empty theater so I need to go stock up on mini wine bottles to get us through those 144 minutes!  I will however refrain from the Hunger Games drinking game.  Drink everytime Katniss climbs a tree or shoots an arrow?!  Hello, alcohol poisoning! 

We can only hope I return to normal by this weekend after I've exhausted all "Hunger Games" books and its progeny, and go back to watching reruns of "Big Bang Theory."   Flying my nerd flag high, folks! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment