If you were to ask me if I'd ever had the bad luck to miss my daily cocktail, I'd have to say that I doubt it; where certain things are concerned, I plan ahead. - Luis Buñuel

Friday, February 25, 2011

A Watershed Moment

We were fortunate to visit Chicago for New Year's and had some time to kill prior to our dinner at Sprout (which was amazing!  For you "Top-Chef" fans, it's Dale Levistki's place.)  But a serendipitous highlight was having a drink at Watershed, a new "speak-easy" style bar.  The concept is wonderful, only beer, wine & liquor from the Great Lakes region is served and everything is fresh and hand-crafted.  And the Moscow Mule I had was one of the best cocktails I have ever had.  I think this new movement of fresh, slow food & drink is a real boon to anyone who appreciates the finer, yet simple, things.

Thankfully, I had this awesome evening because the next night in the E.R. with a stomach bug....not such good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment